Friday, June 29, 2012

Holy Moley! I can check more projects off my to do list! Pretty soon I'm going to have to make a new list. What are some of the summer projects your working on?

These projects I found on pinterest. If you were the originator of these ideas, let me know and I will give you credit! :)

This first project is called Warm and Fuzzies. Loving the name! Just saying warm and fuzzies makes me feel all warm and fuzzy on the inside!
I'm going to use this as a whole class reward. Once the jar is filled the class will get a prize. Maybe a party, ice cream, free choice, etc.


My second project was a pinterest/old lady inspiration. On pinterest it is called Shake It Up. I called it Shake and Find.
I bought the plastic jar at Wal-Mart for $1.79 and the pom poms at Hobby Lobby. Then I made word lists for the first, second, and third HFWs, and a student fill in the blanks sheet. It's pretty simple but gets the job done!

I am going to put 20 words in the jar at a time. It will take the littles some time to find all 20 words. As they find the words, they will write down the word on their paper. This will be a Working with Words activity that will always be a choice for the students when they pick that Daily 5 choice.

You can get a copy of the word lists and student sheets here as a FREEBIE!

Leave me a comment about what you think about my new freebie and what some of your summer projects are!!!

P.S. The giveaway winner will be chosen tonight around 7pm!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment