Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Classroom Volunteers with a Freebie!

Can I just say that I am exhausted!! I took a 2 and a half hour nap today. Yikes! The sad part is summer school is only half a day! I can't imagine how I'm going to feel next week once school actually begins!

Tomorrow I am meeting with some teachers at my school to put together our CAFE reading and conferring notebooks. I copied all the papers yesterday and our school even purchased our binders and student tabs for us! Yippee! So, I'm planning on doing a post about the notebooks and where to get some amazing resources!



Anywho....

What are your feelings on parent volunteers? How do you manage the volunteers? What do you do if you get an unreliable volunteer? What do you do if your volunteer hangs out after they're finished?

I'm having some anxiety about parent volunteers. I have never used them before, but I feel that they can help lessen the work load and work one-on-one with students that I can't seem to find time to work with.

One of the my lovely team members emailed me her classroom volunteers letter. Of course I revamped it to make it cute! (I think they are realizing that I like to cuten (yea, I don' think this is a real word, but I think it should be) things up. Which I am very thankful they are so open to me revamping some things.)

Here is my version of the letter. There are different categories that parents can volunteer for.

I included:
  • Parties and Donations
  • Mystery Readers
  • Student Helpers
  • Cut, Staple, Organize (at home)
  • End of Year Helper


Click here to get your free copy!

Leave me a comment if you have any suggestions on how to handle classroom volunteers. I asked tons of questions at the top!

1 comment:

  1. From what I can tell you haven't been nominated for Liebster Award... so I nominate you! Cute stuff on your site. Check out my blog for the details on your nomination. AlbuquerqueAmysFirstGraders.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete