Sunday, June 23, 2013

Pirate Vs. Princess: A Fiction Book Study Unit...Plus a Buying Bonus!

<a href="http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/5250853/?claim=f7p4fcahvuh">Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a

O.M.G! It is finally finished! My Pirate Vs. Princess Fiction Book Study Unit is done! 66 whole pages of graphic organizers, writing prompts, math activities, word work centers, and a glyph!



 
 

I have had this unit in my mind for over a year and I did something very similar during student teaching. I just couldn't wait any longer to put my resources all together for others to use.
 
In the past, my students have absolutely loved this unit. Who doesn't like  pirates and fancy things! I can't wait to implement this next school year now that I have a plethora of resources.
 
I plan on spending at least two weeks reading and writing all things pirate and princess. Included in my packet is an outline of what my two weeks may look like. Of course there are more activities, writing prompts, and graphic organizers in the unit plan than I would use, but I always like to have options. You never know what my littles will be like next year. I need to have options!
 

 Here are some of the resources included in the pack:

 
 
I can't wait to make this pirate glyph. Here is a snapshot of what the glyph consists of (plus there is more but it's not pictures). Once I get back into the school and get my hands on some construction paper I will create one.
 
 
This snapshot shows an example of some of the math activities that are included. There is a I Have, Who Has: Pirate Place Value and Roll & Color: Addition and Subtraction boards for princesses and pirates. These will be great to continue the pirate vs. princess theme into math centers.
 I also wanted to send home a letter informing the parents what we are learning and to remind them to wear pirate/fancy clothes for our culminating party! It will be a blast. We will dress like pirates and princesses/princes and eat fancy foods and foods that pirates might eat!
 
 
Here is a snip-it of my Search/Read/Write the Room: Pirate and Princess Style activity. You could either do this as a class or include it in your Daily 5 Word Work Station or Literacy Centers.
 
 
This is just one of the 7 graphic organizers that are included to go along with the suggested read alouds.
 
 
And last but not least, my writing prompts (I'm not sure why the lines look funky, but they don't look like this in the packet). There are 9 different writing prompts that go along with the suggested read alouds. They have the first grade common core writing standard at the top, but they could most definitely be used for 2nd and 3rd grade too.
 
If you just can't wait to get your hands on this unit check it out at my TpT store. It will be on sale for 48 hours! Hip - Hip - Hooray!
 
Plus, If you purchase my new Pirate Vs. Princess Book Study Unit, leave a comment about it here, follow my blog and TpT store, and rate it in my TpT store I will send you one other product of YOUR CHOICE for FREE. Hurry this offer only lasts until next Sunday!
 
So you must do all 5 things:
1. Purchase my Pirate Vs. Princess Unit
2. Leave a Blog Comment (leave me your email address too)
3. Follow my blog
4. Follow my TpT Store
4. Rate your purchase in my TpT store
 
I'm also going to count this post as my Monday Made It. I didn't have a chance to get crafty because I've spent so much time on the computer.
 
 
 
Yours in Teaching, 

4 comments:

  1. This product is great! I cannot wait to use it in my classroom!
    I would like to get a copy of "A Writing Keepsake and Progress Monitor (By the Month)".

    koolaid_1989@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for participating in my buyers bonus! I will send the Writing Keepsake to you right now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Your product looks amazing, I'm still struggling with how to create TPT items!! I'm your newest follower :)
    Erin
    Short and Sassy Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so excited to have found your super cute blog & be your newest Bloglovin & Google follower!! Love your product, too... thanks for sharing :)

    Kelly
    First Grade Fairytales

    ReplyDelete